ABPM Pass Rate for
AMA PRA Category 1
Assessment Credits Included
Looking for the Best Addiction Medicine Board Review?
Need support with your Pathway to Addiction Medicine subspecialty certification? Call 877-225-8384
- Includes 24 ABPN®-Approved Self-Assessment Category 1 Credits
- CME Vault for claiming and storing your CME certificates
- Online study group with other course participants
- Triple Trust Guarantee – Pass or get a 110% refund
- NEW! iOS & Android mobile app
Addiction Medicine Board Review
USE CODE BTB200 IN CART
|$259||(20% of purchase amount.) Now through 12/31/22. Add to your purchase and get an eGift valued at 30% of cart total. If you prefer a discount instead for the same amount, call us at 877-225-8384. Want even more bang for your buck? Form or join a group for big savings! LEARN MORE|
|» Agenda, CME, & Exam Dates|
|Guaranteed Secure Checkout|
FAQs – Beat The Boards! Addiction Medicine Board Review
Let our free EXACT Exam Prep Accelerator provide you with a weekly recommended study schedule. Get your personalized report in minutes!
UP TO 50% OFF! Get 5 or more people together within 30 days of your purchase, and we’ll refund the difference. Call John or Lynne at 844-332-5454 for details.
Referred by someone who has taken a Beat The Boards! course? Enter their Ambassador Code at checkout. If you don’t have their Ambassador Code, give us a call:
Not quite sure if this board review is for you? No problem! We have a zero-obligation Free Trial. Get started with practice questions and a board-reflective lecture now.
Addiction Medicine Board Review With Board-Focused Faculty
Remember, the American Board of Preventive Medicine tests you on the entire breadth of your specialty, beyond what’s practical in your day-to-day. Let our knowledgeable faculty guide you through a comprehensive review that covers exactly what the Addiction Medicine Exam Blueprint dictates.
PLEASE NOTE: The ABAM® no longer offers Addiction Medicine Certification. Now the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM®) has taken the role of offering Addiction Medicine Certification. ABPM is accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
THE GOOD NEWS: The ABPM is allowing a grace period through the year 2025 during which time physicians may take the Addiction Medicine Certification Exam without completing a fellowship. Practice eligibility requirements must be met.
Key Eligibility Requirements to Take the New Addiction Medicine Exam
Training or Experience Needed in Addiction Medicine: 2 Tracks Available
- Time in Practice Track
- A minimum of 1,920 hours engaged in practice of Addiction Medicine.
- Hours must occur over at least 24 of the previous 60 months prior to application and the 24 months need not be continuous.
- Practice must consist of broad-based professional activity with significant Addiction Medicine responsibility.
- Clinical care including the prevention and treatment of individuals at risk for substance use disorders (at least 25% of all hours spent)
- Teaching, research and administration (not more than 75% of hours spent)
- Time in Training track: From Non-ACGME-Accredited Fellowship
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Documentation of the training curriculum
- Description of applicant training experience
- If TAMF-accredited fellowship training is shorter than 12 months, this time in training may be applied to the “Time in Practice” track
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Current certification by an ABMS member board
- Medical degree or equivalent
- Medical licensure: current, unrestricted, and valid in the US or Canada
- Take exam through the Practice Pathway track – last application year 2025
Take the ABPM “Am I Eligible?” Guided Quiz
Foundations of Addiction
Review of Disorders by Drug Class
Special Populations & Topics
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting.
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders.
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders, and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match a particular patient's needs.
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of Peerpoint Medical Education Institute and American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC. Peerpoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Addiction Medicine Certification Review and has approved this program as a part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment Program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Online Course v3.1, Release Date July 22, 2022, Termination Date July 21, 2025:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute, LLC designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 58 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Of these 58 credits: 24 also qualify as ABPN Self Assessment credits.
Exam Builder, Release Date June 8, 2021, Termination Date June 7, 2024:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nurses & Nurse Practitioners: For all your CE requirements for recertification, the ANCC will accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Physician Assistants: The NCCPA accepts AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ from organizations accredited by the ACCME.
Licensed Psychologists: Most state boards will accept AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ toward professional development hours. Please confirm with your state board before using this product for professional development hours.
Addiction Medicine Board Exam Dates
Addiction Medicine Certification Exam
Addiction Medicine Continuing Certification Program (CCP)
The ABPM’s CCP was developed in compliance with the new Standards for Continuing Certification mandated by the American Board of Medical Specialties and in response to feedback from ABPM Diplomates, who wanted a simpler but more meaningful program, and who overwhelmingly preferred an innovative alternative to the traditional high-stakes, point-in-time Maintenance of Certification (MOC) exam.
ABPM will extend the certification of ABPM Diplomates who are currently certified and are participating in the CCP. Learn how your certificate is affected and find your specific requirements for calendar years 2023 and 2024 here.
Learn More About the Addiction Medicine Board Exams
Addiction Medicine Board Review:
Board-Style Practice Questions
COMPREHENSIVE QUESTION BANK: 1300+ Addiction Medicine multiple-choice questions (MCQs) are included. Each question carefully follows the ABPM board exam content outline and format.
REALISTIC TEST ENVIRONMENT: Prepare by taking practice tests in a format that’s just like the actual exam.
THE “QBL” METHOD: “Question-Based Learning” ensures that your review is 100% relevant to the ABPM® Addiction Medicine exam. This proven method works by embedding multiple-choice questions into course lectures.
OPTIMIZED FOR LEARNING: Unlike other QBanks, Beat The Boards! Addiction Medicine practice questions include referenced explanations, so you learn the “how” and “why” behind every question.
PEER COLLABORATION: A study community welcomes you. Ask and answer colleague questions, form study groups, and track your progress.
Strength in numbers: Help and be helped, stay motivated, and get connected. All with Beat The Boards!
Anytime, Anywhere Access
ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Fit your Addiction Medicine board review around your busy schedule. Get 24/7 online access optimized for smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
MOBILE APP: Includes phone app for downloading lectures for viewing when out of Wi-Fi or cellular reach.
UNLIMITED REPEAT VIEWING: Watch lectures in any order, as many times as you need to, with unlimited access for 12 months.
CME CREDITS: Earn 103 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – 58 credits, including 24 Self-Assessment Category 1 Credits, plus 45 credits from completing the included QBank multiple-choice questions. Your annual employer-provided educational funds may be used to cover the costs of this CME activity.
Using our Addiction Medicine Board Review
Your path to becoming certified through our Addiction Medicine course is made possible with The Pass Machine. Our program is designed to help you prepare for your board examination and stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry. Here’s how to use our Addiction Medicine Board Review.:
- Register For Our Program: The registration process is simple and can all be done using the links above and below. Make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria and you can take this quiz to help you figure out if you’re eligible or not.
- Access Our Resources: Once you’ve registered, you’ll gain access to all the study materials including online lectures, thousands of practice questions, course study guides, self-assessment questions, and an online study group with other participants.
- Study and Test Yourself: The Addiction Medicine board review questions we offer are designed to help you prepare at your own pace. Our resources are available online, so you can study from anywhere, at any time.
As you practice and study, you’ll want to test your knowledge using the various self-assessments available to you. This will help you gain a better understanding of what you’ve been learning and identify your strong and weak topics.
The Benefits of Getting an Addiction Medicine Board Certification
Here are some of the many benefits of studying for the Addiction Medicine Boards:
- Recognition of Expertise: An Addiction Medicine Board Certification is a recognition of your expertise in the field of addiction medicine. It demonstrates that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide high-quality care to patients with addiction-related issues.
- Increased Credibility: An Addiction Medicine Board Certification increases your credibility and reputation in the medical community. It shows that you have a commitment to excellence and a dedication to staying up-to-date with the latest developments in addiction medicine.
- Advancement: By obtaining Addiction Medicine Board certification, you’re opening the door to many opportunities and more earning potential. This will help separate you from other candidates.
- Improved Care for Patients: Once you pass your Addiction Medicine Board Exam, you’ll possess the knowledge and skills necessary to help your patients by diagnosing and treating their addiction-related issues. It’s important that you use an Addiction Medicine Board Review course to ensure you pass your exam.
Is Addiction Medicine a Recognized Specialty?
Yes, as of 2016 The American Board of Medical Specialties established Addiction Medicine as a subspecialty.
To become certified in Addiction Medicine, physicians must first complete a residency or fellowship in a primary specialty such as internal medicine, family medicine, or psychiatry. Then, they must complete additional training in Addiction Medicine and pass the board certification exam in Addiction Medicine.
The recognition of Addiction Medicine as a subspecialty reflects the growing recognition of addiction as a chronic medical condition that requires specialized care.
Addiction medicine specialists are trained to provide comprehensive, patient-centered care that addresses both the physical and psychological aspects of addiction.
Register and Study Within Minutes – No Hassles, Wasted Energy, or Delays!
‘‘Here’s the challenge: this Addiction Medicine review features 34+ hours of laser-focused lectures and 1300+ QBank questions, but all that great content means nothing if you don’t get through it in time for the exam. So, Beat The Boards! makes your prep easy. For example:
- Listen to audio lectures on the app as you commute to and from work
- Answer a few MCQs on your lunch break
- Watch video lectures as you work-out on the stair climber or exercise bike
- Download lectures to your phone ahead of a flight or when out of wi-fi or cellular range
We’re dedicated to helping you pass your boards and that’s why we offer you a better-than-money-back pass guarantee. We don’t succeed unless you succeed.”
Yours in board exam success,
Jack Krasuski, MD, Executive Director