I’m happy to tell you we are holding our annual Live Beat The Boards! Psychiatry Board Review Course on July 22-26, 2020 in Rosemont, IL. The course hotel is about one mile from O’Hare Airport, with free shuttles to and from the airport. This course is designed as preparation for the 2020 Psychiatry Certification and MOC exams.
Attending a live course has the downsides of 1) costing more for the course and associated travel expenses and 2) taking you away from work and family. So, is this added investment in time and money worth it? It could be.
Here are the potential upsides of live course attendance:
- Immersive Study: When you attend a live course, you eliminate distractions and completely dedicate yourself to exam preparations. For busy physicians, pulling yourself from your busy clinical and family life may be the only way to ensure you have the time to study.
- Concentrated Study: Also, it’s hard to imagine getting through ALL of the nearly 50 hours of course presentations on your own over only 5 days. The days of the course are long and hard – this is not a vacation! – but they allow you to complete one full go-through of the course material. Upon returning home, you can focus only on material you know you need more help with and on the multiple-choice practice tests.
- Instant Q&A: The expert faculty is on-hand to directly answer your board-related questions.
- Consultation with Dr. Jack: If you’ve taken the exam before and failed, or if you’re just struggling in other ways, I’m at the course at least 4 of the course days and more likely all 5 days. I’m available to answer personal conundrums in a group setting or, if you prefer, privately.
- Camaraderie: Enjoy the company of dozens of colleagues preparing for the same challenge, together. This may seem like a “soft” reason, but for some exam candidates, it may be the most important one. It is hard to maintain one’s focus over such an extended and challenging endeavor all on one’s own. Being part of a supportive group can make a world of difference. Many live course attendees attend meals together, share tips, and continue their relationships beyond the end of the course, often studying together at a distance.
- All the Benefits of the Online Course Included: When you attend the 5 days of intensive live presentations, you get all the online course features plus the additional benefits of live attendance.
If you’re interested in attending and do not yet have the Psychiatry Certification Exam subscription, click here to register and choose the live course upgrade at checkout.
Or for the Psychiatry MOC Board Review Exam, click here.
Or if you prefer, just call us at:
If you’ve already registered for either of these online courses and wish to upgrade to the 2020 live attendance, call us at: