Looking for the Best Addiction Medicine Review? Choose Your Course Option:
|Immediate 12 month online course access|
|Q Bank with 1,000+ board-style multiple choice questions|
|All course lecture recordings and full PDF study guide|
|Online study group with other course participants|
|CME Vault for claiming and storing your CME certificates|
|Earn up to 80 AMA PRA Category 1 CME Credits™|
|NEW COURSE APP allows offline access to lectures and Q Bank|
|Triple Trust Guarantee|
|Details > Faculty > Agenda & CME|
Get the ALL NEW APP!
- For iPhone & Android
- Syncs with your desktop
- Allows for offline use
- A 100% Refund of Your Tuition
- An Additional 10% Payment
- Online Access Until You Pass TUITION-FREE!
PLEASE NOTE: The ABAM® no longer offers Addiction Medicine Certification. Now the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM®) has taken the role of offering Addiction Medicine Certification. ABPM is accredited by the American Board of Medical Specialties.
THE GOOD NEWS: The ABPM is allowing a grace period through the year 2021 during which time physicians may take the Addiction Medicine Certification Exam without completing a fellowship. Practice eligibility requirements must be met.
Key Eligibility Requirements to Take the New Addiction Medicine Exam
Training or Experience Needed in Addiction Medicine: 2 Tracks Available
- Time in Practice Track
- A minimum of 1,920 hours engaged in practice of Addiction Medicine.
- Hours must occur over at least 24 of the previous 60 months prior to application and the 24 months need not be continuous.
- Practice must consist of broad-based professional activity with significant Addiction Medicine responsibility.
- Clinical care including the prevention and treatment of individuals at risk for substance use disorders (at least 25% of all hours spent)
- Teaching, research and administration (not more than 75% of hours spent)
- Time in Training track: From Non-ACGME-Accredited Fellowship
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Documentation of the training curriculum
- Description of applicant training experience
- If TAMF-accredited fellowship training is shorter than 12 months, this time in training may be applied to the “Time in Practice” track
- Successful completion of at least 12 months of fellowship training by The Addiction Medicine Foundation (TAMF)
- Current certification by an ABMS member board
- Medical degree or equivalent
- Medical licensure: current, unrestricted, and valid in the US or Canada
- Take exam through the Practice Pathway track – last application year 2021
Take the ABPM “Am I Eligible?” Guided Quiz
Register and study within minutes – No hassles, wasted energy, or delays!
“I’m in downtown Chicago to highlight the anytime/anywhere/offline flexibility of The Beat The Boards! course. This Addiction Medicine prep course features 35 hours of laser-focused lectures and a 1000+ question Q Bank. But here’s the rub – all that great content will do you no good if you don’t get through it in time for the exam. Here are a few examples of the ease of preparing with Beat The Boards!: 1) listen to audio lectures on the app as you commute to and from work, 2) answer a few MCQs on your lunch break, 3) watch video lectures as you work-out on the stair climber or exercise bike, and 4) when you know you’ll be on call without Wi-Fi or cellular signal, download lectures to your phone ahead of time. Works great on flights as well!
Here at American Physician Institute we’re dedicated to your board success. That’s why we offer you a better-than-money-back pass guarantee. We don’t succeed unless you succeed.”
Yours in board exam success,
Jack Krasuski, MD, Executive Director
The “QBL” Method
Detailed Study Guide
Laser-Focused Lectures: The Beat The Boards! Addiction Medicine board review course will help you master the ABPM® exam material quickly and easily. This course features a comprehensive library of short video lectures that are precisely aligned to the Addiction Medicine Certification and Addiction Medicine MOC exam blueprints. This way, you’ll focus on all of the exam topics and keywords with no wasted effort.
The “QBL” Method: “Question-Based Learning” ensures that your review is 100% relevant to the ABPM® Addiction Medicine exam. This proven method works by pairing multiple choice questions with related lectures, allowing you to review a topic before answering the corresponding question.
Board-Experienced Faculty: The Addiction Medicine Certification and Addiction Medicine MOC courses feature board-certified faculty experienced in teaching Addiction Medicine board exam preparation. Thus, every lecture is up-to-date, medically accurate and entirely board-relevant.
Addiction Medicine Study Guide: This course companion makes it easy to follow along with lectures, take notes, and study offline. The PDF includes the complete course syllabus, with all referenced slides, photos, illustrations, and infographics. (Printed version also available at checkout.)
BOARD-STYLE PRACTICE EXAMS
Comprehensive Q Bank
Realistic Test Environment
Optimized for Learning
Comprehensive Question Bank: Included with this course are 1000+ Addiction Medicine multiple-choice questions (MCQs). Each question carefully follows the ABPM® board exam content outline and format, allowing you to test your exam preparedness while advancing your command of the exam content.
Realistic Test Environment: Your patients test you every day – but not in the same way the ABPM® Addiction Medicine boards test you! You’ll prepare by taking practice tests in a format that’s just like the actual exam.
Optimized for Learning: Unlike other Qbank MCQs, Beat The Boards! Addiction Medicine practice questions include detailed, referenced explanations. So you’re not only testing your knowledge of substance use disorders – you’re learning the “how” and “why” behind every question.
ANYTIME, ANYWHERE ACCESS
Unlimited Repeat Viewing
Lecture Viewing Options
Plus, CME Accreditation
On-the-go Convenience: Imagine being able to fit your Addiction Medicine exam prep around your busy schedule. Now you can — with 24/7 online access optimized for smartphone, tablet, and desktop.
Unlimited Repeat Viewing: These courses permit unlimited access to all course materials for 12 months from purchase. And you have the option of viewing the recorded lectures in any order and as many times as you wish.
Lecture Viewing Options: At any time, you can select from two lecture interface options: full view – with the lecture slides synchronized to the video of the speaker, or streaming audio – so you can listen at your convenience while driving or exercising.
CME: Earn 80 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – 35 credits from reviewing lectures plus 45 credits from completing the included QBank multiple choice questions. Your annual employer-provided educational funds may be used to cover the costs of this CME activity.
Remember, the American Board of Preventive Medicine test you on the entire breadth of your specialty, beyond what’s practical in your day-to-day. Let our knowledgeable faculty guide you through a comprehensive review that covers exactly what the Addiction Medicine Exam Blueprint dictates.
Beat The Boards!’s Stress-Free Board Prep
The top FAQ we receive is, “How do I best prepare for the board exam?” Since prep differs for each person, our Addiction Medicine Board Course accommodates many learning styles:
- Highly organized lectures AND extensive Q Bank
- Online study AND live course attendance
- Solo study AND colleague interaction
- Smart phone app AND desktop access
Why this depth of options is crucial to success:
- Your days are hectic and study time is limited. The Beat The Boards! course makes every minute count by providing only highly board-relevant and board-reflective content. Anything not relevant to the exam has been stripped out leaving you with only the nuggets.
- Integrating information is improved when consumed in multiple ways: Our substantial Q Bank allows you to learn from completing 1,000+ multiple choice questions with explanations. But answering questions is often not enough to fully master the material. That’s why the course includes 35 hours of systematically-organized lectures so the pieces easily fall into place.
- Anywhere, anytime, and offline access increases time spent preparing, thus increasing your chances of success. The Beat The Boards! Addiction Medicine Course can be accessed through our desktop Learning Management System and our synched smart phone app, the latter allowing uploading of course material for use when Wi-Fi or cellular signal is not available.
Learning Objectives: Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe the effects of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in both tolerant and non-tolerant individuals.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge the neurobiology of addiction and articulate its activity in terms useful in a clinical setting.
- Describe the process for diagnosing addiction and differentiating the symptoms of addiction from those of other medical or psychiatric disorders.
- Explain the various pharmacologic and psychosocial treatments for addictive disorders, and describe the factors that should be considered in selecting a treatment modality to match a particular patient’s needs.
- Describe the precipitants of relapse and current evidence-based practices to prevent and manage relapse.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education and American Physician Institute for Advanced Professional Studies, LLC. The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Online Course v2.1, Release Date July 16, 2015, Termination Date July 15, 2018:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 35 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Question Bank, Release Date June 8, 2018, Termination Date June 8, 2021:
The PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates this enduring material for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Read What Your Colleagues Are Saying About This Course
“I just found out that I passed the American Board of Addiction Medicine exam, and feel that the American Physician Institute course can take the credit for this. Once again, it offered a concise, time-efficient way to study for the exam, and in the most palatable format possible! The test wasn’t too difficult after taking the course, and I feel I was overall well prepared.”
Heidi Klingbeil, MD, South Orange, NJ
“The API course was a very valuable time saving and organizing tool to review a large volume of material. In my case, I allotted less time then ideal to this review. Had I not had the API materials, I would not have been able to manage the volume. Very well organized course. I passed.”
Daniela Samoil, MD, Lake Oswego, OR
“My review course provided by American Physician Institute (API) was instrumental in helping me mount a recovery after failing an earlier board certification exam attempt. I needed a to make up a major gap in my board preparation which required several months of study and the API course helped me gauge the width and depth of the project. Presenters were very knowledgeable. Scope of the presentations was perfect. This was the most comprehensive of the four courses I used and the most beneficial. Please keep up the great work and thank your staff for their boundless support.”
Dan Stuckey, MD, Katy, TX
“The best courses out there for the board exams. Indispensable whenprepping for the boards and/or keeping up with your knowledge base.”
Thomas Henry, MD, Aiea, HI
Addiction Medicine Board Review
Available Now – Start Studying Tonight!